About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Mountain Pass

   I was told not to try and tread over the mountain at this time of day. They were right, I know. Darkness does come early this time of year.
   There also was that old man in the village. He said he could feel a storm coming on. But at the time, there wasn't a cloud in the sky.
   Yet now, I am stepping hard against a strong headwind mixed with a wet type of snow. A heavy snow. Where each flake is just now freezing, at this high of an altitude. Packing a layer of moister on everything it touches.
   Each step feels like I have an extra five pounds on my legs with all of this freezing snow covering my pants and boots. But I must continue on. I need to get the medicine back to my family on the other side of the pass. They are counting on me.
   Just what I need. The wind is steadily picking up strength. I wipe off the snow from my pants legs and boots. Still, seconds later, the icy wet flakes are covering me like a white soaked jump suite.
   I must carry on though. I have to carry on. It's my families only hope. They need the medicine I carry.
   I am up another thousand feet of altitude. I am worried that the heavy wet snow will slide down the already packed layer underneath and start an avalanche.
   Up here, with me being the only person out here in this weather, who would hear my cries of help if I became buried alive.
   How could they even find me.
   I probably would survive the initial burial by the avalanche. You can breath when you are in the middle of a ton of snow. There is a lot of air between each snowflake, but as more wet snow falls, the icy stuff around me would pack in harder and harder. Pressing a heavy weight on my chest. Eventual, making it impossible for me to move a muscle and breath.
   I would suffocate before anyone even missed me and sent out a rescue party.
   At least I don't have to worry about bears or wolfs. They are smart enough to be in a shelter by now, from this weather.
   It's getting too hard to go any further. The wind is too strong and I am soaked to the bone from the wet snow. Sorry my loved ones. I have to make a shelter or I won't make it home at all.
   The secret to making an igloo, is digging as far as you can to the ground. Using the packed snow you dig out as blocks, to make the dome portion of your shelter.
   My hands are freezing.
   I can't stop.
   I need a shelter from this storm so I can bring home the medicine to my loved ones!

   "Jason, it's time to come in now." Says a woman in her late thirties.
   "Oh Mom. I just started to make my fort out of snow." Replies the son of the woman.
   "Get in here now and take a bath. You know you start school tomorrow and I don't want you getting sick from playing in the back yard in that dirty wet snow." A determined mother says.

   Sorry family. I can't make it in this weather. I won't be bringing you the medicine. I'll never make it over this mountain pass alive. I am freezing to death. I'll see you again, in Nirvana.

This is,
Having A Child's Imagination
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“Fairy tales were the door to the world of imagination for me as a child, that land I often lived in when real life wasn’t quite enough.”
- Regan Walker -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog as your Homepage
on your Web-Browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment