About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Monday, September 5, 2022

Quite Quitting

Quiet quitting is TikTok's answer to grind culture, but it's not what you  think | British GQ 
What is "quiet quitting"? Quiet Quitting is defined as performing only the jobs assigned to an employee by the employer and not going above and beyond the job description. It is often confused with quitting the job altogether, but it is not the actual definition. -
At first I was going to say,
"Why didn't I think of that?"
when I was working 10 hour days.
But it goes against the philosophy I always lived by in my working days of
to your employers.
(Follow the above link & you can read all about it.)
To make a long preaching story shorter,
my last place of employment,
I worked there for 20 years.
And I got married, bought a house, raised 7 wonderful kids, went on family vacations, had the latest gadgets, always owned a couple of cars, always had food on the table and clothing for my family.
Typical middle class.
I could babble on why I was important at that job but the best way to explain it would be to say,
During the Great Recession of 2007 threw 2009 I was asked to retire at the the end of the year of 2008. They gave me a severance package and a pension for the rest of my life. Only one other guy from our department got the same benefits as me. The rest of the department was laid off.
I've been retired,
not tired,
ever since.
 They say "Quiet Quitting" is about personal mental health.
But my health would have been dramatically worse,
if I had the chance to provide for my family & I didn't give it my all.
 
This is,
Saying It Might Not Be For Everybody
But It Was Right For Me
Jim Hauenstein
 
And
 
“I didn’t know that painters and writers retired. They’re like soldiers, they just fade away.”
- Lawrence Ferlinghetti -
 
 
That is my story and I am sticking to it!
 
Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower or Leave a Comment
 
  I would love to hear from you

Thanks for reading
 
Be kind to everyone
 
I'll be seeing you
 

No comments:

Post a Comment