About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Thursday, April 1, 2021

I Had A Doozy Of A Dream

I had a doozy of a dream last night.
I dreamt of doing the remake of one of the greatest movies of all time;
The Marathon Man.
It Stars
Dustin Hoffman,
Laurence Olivier,
Roy Scheider,
William Devane,
and
Marthe Keller.
If you have never seen this film,
it is well worth
Renting,
Buying,
or
Streaming.
One of the most famous lines from the movie,
which was quoted by millions of people for years afterwards was;
Is it safe?
The remake of this film,
or I should say my remake of this film,
will be on
for your viewing pleasure.
Once I finish the
Script,
Production Sets,
Find Financial Backing,
A Producer,
Cameraman,
A Camera,
Stunt Double,
and
A Director.
Of course,
I will be playing all the different
Acting Parts,
since I am trained in the
Art Of Method Acting
from
I just feel I am the only one qualified to perform such a daring role which
Dusty,
Mister Hoffman
for you who don't know him personally,
made famous in 1976.
What I have so far as my script.
"The camera will pan up from my feet, up to my head, showing me as a sweaty, overweight jogger, with wrist bands, a head band, and a number tag to my sweats, denoting my entry into a Marathon.
Other joggers, who will be played by me, will come up to Thomas "Babe" Levy, the part originally played by Dusty which is now played by me, and will punch him, trip him, and throw water in his face, with each one asking if it is safe! One scene will have Babe's Brother running up along side of him, looking like death scene Roy Scheider played. But instead of having his gut split open by a knife and spitting up blood, this brother will come running up with red completely surrounding his mouth, spitting out red juice, and when Babe asks his Brother what happened to him, he will say; These damn pomegranates are really messy while jogging!"
Here is an
Artist's Rendering
of what I will look like.
The script is still a work in progress.
So if you have any suggestions,
Keep Them To Yourself!

This is,
Is It Safe?
Is What Safe?
Is It Safe?
I Guess So.
They Say Pomegranates Are Supposed To Be Good For You!
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“What method acting is for the stage, mezzo-fiction is for the page.”
- Fierce Dolan -
 
 
That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?
Sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment.
If it's worthy enough,
I'll answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

Be Kind To Everyone.

I'll Be Seeing You!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment