About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Monday, October 3, 2016

Raising A Chicken Of My Own

Once again it is a wonderful
Monday Evening
and what a beautiful day to be alive!
Now go ahead,
ask those
"Questions You Never Knew You Wanted To Ask."
Like,
Where was I yesterday?
Why didn't I write Post on Sunday, tying up all the loose ends from the week before? 
If I miss a day,
please look back on some of my older Posts,
because you just might find something you have missed,
that you really enjoy after you have discovered it.
I do have
486 Posts
written so far.
So I imagine you will find
Something Humorous,
Something Interesting,
and
Something Controversial.
So please,
take a look around.
Next question.
Why can't I play Pong anymore?
Well you can my friend.
Now,
once again you can have hours of tedious fun hitting a square ball back and forth with an elongated rectangular paddle!
Come on.
Next question.
You know you want to ask it.
OK, how do you tell a Rooster from a Hen?
Good question.
With a little help from the website,
I hope this will answer that hard hitting question.
"Telling roosters apart from chickens when they’re young is not as easy as it is with other animals. Professional chicken handlers can tell the gender of a chicken the day they’re born. This process is called “chicken sexing” and is very important in the chicken industry. How can you work with an animal if you don’t even know what gender it is? Unfortunately, “chicken sexing” is much tougher than it sounds, and on their second day of life, chickens grow feathers which hide this gender detail. The goods news is you can tell the sex apart even before your chicken is of potential egg-laying age. The main differences between roosters and hens after they hatch are visual and behavioral. Roosters and hens look and act different from birth."
Comb or Wattle
"Check if your baby chicken has a comb or a wattle. Roosters have large combs and wattles, usually brightly-colored and prominent. So what is a “comb”, anyway? The comb is the tuft of flesh on top of a chicken’s head. Rooster’s combs are bigger and brighter than hens, though both genders have them. Rooster combs tend to be red, though they can be almost any color on the rainbow. Hen’s combs are generally small and pale. Roosters wear big brightly-colored combs to attract the attention of hens, that’s why a chick with a big bright comb and wattle is almost always a rooster. The same goes for the wattle–the little bit of flesh on the chicken’s chin. Just like with the comb,  a rooster’s wattle is brighter and bigger than that of a hen."
The website actually has about eight more paragraphs on how to tell the difference,
but after reading about
Chicken Sexing,
Chicken Combs,
and
Chicken Wattles,
I'm about ready to have a beer.
This is,
Raising A Chicken Of My Own In The Backyard,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“Shoving feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.”
- Brad Pitt -


That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

If you are reading this on a
Cell-Phone,
you will see a
Link
on the bottom of the page,
where it says;
View Web Version.
Click on that Link to truly get the full benefit of my
Blog.
You will just have to expand the page to be able to read it on a cellphone.


Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment