About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Twin Eidolons - Chapter 6

  I didn't want to wait for Daryl to come back home and we would start arguing all over again. So after I hear the apartment door slam I immediately pack a few things, order a ride-share, and leave for my mother's house.
  When I arrive, I use my key to let myself in. I thought I would have to be very quiet when I entered the house and in the morning explain to Mom why I came over. But I find her sitting in the living room listening to her old Haitian kompa records, sipping on a glass red wine.
  "Hi dear," she happily greets me. "There is some of your favorite juice in the fridge. Pour yourself a glass and come over here and sit by me." She is saying while patting the middle cushion on the couch. "We need to talk."
  Great, I'm thinking. First my husband starts acting strange and now my mother.
  I get a glass, fill it with ice from the dispenser and open the fridge. It's packed full.
  "Mom, are you planning on having a party or something? What's with all this food?" Before she can answer I add, "Do you mind if I eat something? I'm starving."
  "Go ahead dear. I had all the food delivered this morning with the anticipation of your arrival today."
  This angered me. I storm back into the living room and ask my mother, "Did Daryl call you and tell you we were having marital problems that son-of-a-bitch?"
  I was expecting a yes answer from her so I was steaming mad. I knew deep down that my anger isn't because of Mom, even though I am taking it out on her right now, it just that Daryl had some nerve telling my mother about our marriage problems before we had a chance to talk things out between us. And worst, Mom didn't even call me to let me know what he had said.
  "Settle down dear." she calmly says. "Daryl hasn't said a word to me. If I can help it, I would never like to talk to him at all now that he has changed."
  This throws me for a loop. "What?" is all I can say while wondering what is happening.
   Mom stands up, tells me to sit down, and says she will be right back with a bowl of joumou.
   I eat a couple of spoonfuls of the soup and look to my Mom confused. "What do you mean by Daryl has changed?"
   "Let's just relax a few minutes and listen to my Tanbou Toujou Lou album while you finish your soup. We'll have plenty of time to talk after your stomach is full." She says smiling calmly. "Besides, too much excitement can't be healthy for the baby."
Ostinato Records: Tanbou Toujou Lou - Meringue, Kompa Kreyol, Vodou Ja –  TurntableLab.com
This is,
Looking For A Publisher If Any one Knows One :)
Jim Hauenstein

And,


“Haiti où la négritude se mit debout pour la première fois et dit qu'elle croyait à son humanité.”
"Haiti, where blackness stood up for the first time and says it believed in its humanity."

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?
Sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment.
If it's worthy enough,
I'll answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

Be Kind To Everyone.

I'll Be Seeing You!

Kompa - Traditionally, the main music genre in Haiti
Joumou - a mildly spiced pumpkin soup
Tanbou Toujou Lou - an album of Meringue, Kompa Kreyol, Vodou Jazz & Electric Folklore music from Haiti 1960 - 1981
 

No comments:

Post a Comment