About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Saturday, June 12, 2021

A True Life Story Of The Internet

Hi everyone.
It feels good to be back and typing away at my computer.
I know I promised that I would be continuing with my story the
"Twin Eidolons"
this weekend but a funny thing happened to me on my way to the world wide web as it was once called. 
First a little background about me.
I have been called cheap by my wife and kids over the years by being frugal.
It has everything to do with me having grandparents living through the
Great Depression
and father being raised during that time.
My kids say that I have embarrassed them on more than one occasion when I check my receipt in the car from the store I was just in.
If I see anything I disagree with,
I go back inside and talk to the manager.
It happened to me a fortnight ago when I bought some sandwiches from the grocery store called Barons.
A great place I should add.
I get back to my car,
find that I was charged an extra dollar on my bill,
and immediately go back inside.
I mentioned in my last post that our internet service was down since Tuesday morning and that we had a scheduled appointment for Thursday afternoon to have it fixed.
On the day of our appointment,
before the technician arrived at our house,
I called customer service to get a refund for the three days we were down.
I can be very convincing when I need to be and got a $6 credit on my bill.
Here's the funny part.
My daughter uses our garage to play her
VR Games
so she has more room to jump around and wave her arms.
The problem is,
there are not enough electrical plugs for all the equipment she uses.
On Sunday she found a plug that she thought didn't go to anything important and unplugged it.
After two days the backup battery on the modem on the inside of the garage goes dead and we have no internet.
This is the device that hookups to the fiber optics from the street and not the router inside the house.
So when the technician arrives,
he checks all the equipment and finds nothing wrong.
He then follows the power cord and finds it unplugged.
To make this long story shorter and under a hour of reading time,
we have internet service in five minutes.
Since it was no fault of the providers equipment,
we get charged an $89 dollar service fee!
Tips and Dua to Control Anger | Islam Hashtag | Angry emoji, Animated  emoticons, Emoticons emojis
This is,
Good Thing I Got That $6 Credit
Jim Hauenstein

And,


“There was no downtime between calls, because there were always several hundred morons in the call queue, all of them willing to wait on hold for hours to have a tech rep hold their hand and fix their problem. Why bother looking up the solution online? Why try to figure the problem out on your own when you could have someone else do your thinking for you?”
- Ernest Cline -


That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?
Sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment.
If it's worthy enough,
I'll answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

Be Kind To Everyone.

I'll Be Seeing You!
 
I'm not really mad and the whole family had a good laugh at my expense.
Get it?
Expense?
Wow,
tough crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment