About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Saturday, September 26, 2020

She's Voting From Space, So Y'all Have No Excuse

For this November’s presidential election, NASA astronaut Kate Rubins plans to cast her ballot from the International Space Station, 200 miles above Earth, effectively obliterating every excuse in the book for why us earthbound voters can’t make it out to the polls. “If we can do it from space, then I believe folks can do it from the ground too,” Rubins said in an interview with the Associated Press on Friday.U.S. astronaut Kate Rubins smiles on as her space suit is tested at the Russian-leased Baikonur cosmodrome on July 7, 2016. She told the AP on Friday that she would be casting her vote from space for this November’s presidential election.U.S. astronaut Kate Rubins smiles on as her space suit is tested at the Russian-leased Baikonur cosmodrome on July 7, 2016. She told the AP on Friday that she would be casting her vote from space for this November’s presidential election.U.S. astronaut Kate Rubins smiles on as her space suit is tested at the Russian-leased Baikonur cosmodrome on July 7, 2016. She told the AP on Friday that she would be casting her vote from space for this November’s presidential election. 

Astronaut Kate Rubins Talks About Her Life in Space - Kate Rubins Interview

This is, 
Jim Hauenstein
 
And
 
“If you are bored and disgusted by politics and don't bother to vote, you are in effect voting for the entrenched Establishment, who rest assured are not dumb. Who are keenly aware that it is in their interests to keep you disgusted and bored and cynical and to give you every possible reason to stay at home doing one-hitters and watching MTV on primary day. By all means stay home if you want, but don't bullshit yourself that you're not voting. In reality, there is no such thing as not voting: you either vote by voting, or you vote by staying home.”
- David Foster Wallace -
 
That is my story and I am sticking to it!

 Like what you are reading?
Sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment.
If it's worthy enough,
I'll answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

Be Kind To Everyone.

I'll Be Seeing You.

No comments:

Post a Comment