About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The Grey Gull Sanitarium - The Final Chapter

   I opened the basement door and started my descent. There was one light on covering the stairs, but beyond that, complete darkness after the last step.
Animal in the Basement: Who You Gonna Call? - Effective Wildlife ... 
   I'm a lefty. So I clumsily took out my torch with my right hand while holding firmly the steel pipe with my left. Not a cold day chance in Hell was I going to put down my weapon. I had to be ready for anything.
   The first step creaked as I put wait on it.
   What else could I do? I had to keep going. Bryce could be in trouble and need my help.
   The second step was quieter but I still took my time down each one. At the bottom, I had no choice but to turn on my torch.
   The basement had that musty smell you get when a part of a building doesn't get any circulating airflow. The ceiling and walls were painted grey, unlike all the rooms upstairs which were all covered in white.
   I took the torch and made a sweep of the area. Huge wooden crates and plastic totes covered most of the floor. They were sectioned off into areas so there were paths between each group.
   Maybe for easy access, I imagine.
Down the middle path, on the opposite side of the basement, a set of double doors had an ominous light peeking from the bottom.
   This must be where the shipping dock is located, I thought. That must be where Bryce is being held captive.
   As I walked slowly through the stockpiles of boxes, I noticed that each section of totes and crates had sequences of numbers stenciled on their sides.
   What kind of experiments are they doing here at the sanitarium? Could this be a group of terrorists? Trying to make some kind of dirty bomb? my panicked mind imagined. Should I run for it and call the constable? Take my chances with the law afterwards?
   I wasn't sure what I should do, until I heard a faint whistling coming from the other side of the double doors.
   Someone was enjoying themselves. Probably torturing Bryce right now. I need to put an end to this and save my friend no matter what happens to me!
   I put my torch on a large crate and aimed at the double doors so I could see the handle I was going to pull on. After taking a deep breath, I pulled on it and started screaming as I ran into the docking area, looking for someone to club.
   I don't know how I missed him, but behind me Bryce said, "What are you going to do with that?"
   I turned around and saw him in a guards uniform smiling.
   "What the hell is going on around here?" I screamed at him.
   "Oh, didn't I tell you mate. I got a part time job being a security guard here. Hollywood has rented the place out to make a movie."
   So I club him. That's how he ended up here in the hospital Constable MacGregor.

This is,
Saying I Would Have Reacted In The Same Manner
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“Give them pleasure. The same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare.”
- Alfred Hitchcock -


That is my story and I am sticking to it!

 Like what you are reading?
Sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment.
If it's worthy enough,
I'll answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

Be Kind To Everyone.

I'll Be Seeing You.

No comments:

Post a Comment