About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Friday, December 22, 2017

The Man From Mars - Episode Thirty One


   I asked Ponleak for a gin and tonic. He mixes one up and tosses in an ice-cube.
   With all the fancy extra features this limousine has, like a wi-fi connection, satellite TV, which for the life of me I can't figure out how he gets reception while we are moving, and the bar itself, you would figured the designer of the vehicle would have added a larger cooler for more ice.
   I'm sure, as the Man from Mars says he is, the richest man in the world, why skimp on the ice?
   "Well George, do you have any other, more pertinent question for me, now that you have your drink?" Asked Ponleak.
   I wanted to ask him about the ice cooler, but thought better of it. I didn't know how much time I was going to have with him, so I had better come up with some good questions.
   The first thing I asked was, "How come your species lives so long compared to us?"
   "Fair enough question." He replied. "Your species too, will eventually live thousands of years. It's just that humans are still in their infancy, as far as their potential and the scale in their evolution."
   He pauses here. I don't know if it was for dramatic effect, or if he was really contemplating mankind's future.
   "It is my hope," he begins again. "That as mankind gains longevity in their lifespan, that the seeds that my people have planted inside of you for exploration, will eventually take you beyond the solar system. Something I have been dreaming about, my whole life. I am hoping, by giving mankind the amulet, you will use it wisely, and advance your technology to the point, that I might yet be able to go into outer-space myself."
   Then I asked stupidly, "With your advanced knowledge, why didn't you help mankind along quicker?"
   "Mister Johnson," he starts out saying, with a lot of sarcasm in his voice. "I thought I already explained mankind's propensity to be afraid of what they do not know. Only now, does your species except leaps and bounds in advancements with technology. No longer believing they are signs of witchcraft or the workings of the devil."
   I felt a little foolish, not thinking my question through before I asked it. But, the point he gave me now, made me think of a question that has been bothering me since my dreams of Ponleak's life.
   "Do Atlanteans believe in God?" I asked. "Do you have, or I should ask, did you have any form of Religion on Mars?"
   He smiled before he answered.
   "Yes, of course. We believe in an almighty deity, who created the first molecule and so forth. But, unlike you humans, we don't believe he is benevolent to our species alone or yours. He is too busy with all the multi-universes he has created, to concern himself with one little planet."
   He continued with a bigger smile, "Besides, if he did just watch over this little blue planet, why would he let so much genocide happen among its people, throughout the ages?"
   I am not a theologian, so I didn't have an answer for his question. So I asked him a two part question.
   "Who am I running away from and why?"
   That took the smile right off his face. He sat there for a second, then drained the last of his drink in one gulp.
   Before he could answer though, the privacy window came down, and a man who might be Tiny's twin brother said, "Sir. We are entering the compound."
See the source image


To Be Continued...

Next Year.

This is,
Changing The Day In Which Each Episode Will Be Written,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.”
- John Muir -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

 If you are reading this on a
Cell-Phone,
below this story you will see a
Link
where it says;
View Web Version.
To truly get the full benefit of my
Blog,
I suggest you view the web version.
You will just have to expand the page to be able to read it.
Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment