About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Sunday, September 15, 2024

Oh Lucky Days

   I'm not a gambling man.
   I have, on occasion, gone to Las Vegas as a tourist. But not as a person who needs to sit in front of a machine for hours hoping for a jackpot.
   I learned a long time ago that gambling was not for me especially since I don't have any kind of poker face. And what is that old adage? "If you can't spot the sucker sitting at the table in the first five minutes, then you are the sucker."
   But what if you had a day like I had? What if you felt really lucky?
   It all started when I was driving down one of the busiest streets in town. Schools were just letting out, I was about five miles away from the freeway I was trying to connect to, and there were eight red lights in my way.
   I just finished working and like everyone else, I wanted to get home. I put on some tunes and started my journey.
Busy Street Traffic at Night | Hyper Time-lapse #shorts - YouTube
   I mostly stayed in my lane but since parts of the road has six lanes, three on each side, I did maneuver back and forth to a lane I thought would be the fastest.
   I passed three lights, as they were green, remembering the song by the Rolling Stones called "Far Away Eyes." (Listen to it)
   Then I made it through three more without stopping.
   I was smiling by now!
   I thought, wouldn't it be nice. And it was. I made the last two lights on the busiest part of the street, onto the freeway, on my way home without stopping.
   What usually can take up to a hour to get home took me thirty minutes.
   I felt so lucky I stopped at the local convenience store and spent $10 on lottery tickets!
And I Won!
I won $2
 
This is,
That Is Why I Do Not Like To Gamble No Matter How Lucky I Feel
TwoBuckHowie
(Insert Happy Face Emoji)
 
And
 
“Play interests me very much," said Hermann: "but I am not in the position to sacrifice the necessary in the hope of winning the superfluous.” - Alexander Pushkin -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Sign up as a Follower or Leave a Comment
 
I would love to hear from you

Thanks for reading
 
Be kind to everyone
 
I'll be seeing you
 
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment