About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Sunday, March 3, 2019

By The Numbers

Did you think that once you have your
Doctorate,
Master's,
Bachelor's,
Associate's,
A 2 Year Degree,
Trade School Diploma,
or
High School Diploma
you would be finished with learning?
Not if I have anything to say about it.
Okay,
quiet class.
Take out your text books
and turn to page 112358.
Oh,
aren't you the smart one.
Yes,
we are going to learn about the
Fibonacci Numbers.
"In mathematics, the Fibonacci numbers, commonly denoted Fn form a sequence, called the Fibonacci sequence, such that each number is the sum of the two preceding ones, starting from 0+1."
- Wikipedia -
"Fibonacci numbers are strongly related to the golden ratio: Binet's formula expresses the nth Fibonacci number in terms of n and the golden ratio, and implies that the ratio of two consecutive Fibonacci numbers tends to the golden ratio as n increases." 
Am I confusing you? 
Are you wondering what the heck is going on with me
and why would I bring up this subject?
The reason is,
because how beautiful this sequence of numbers are!
"They appear in biological settings, such as branching in trees, the arrangement of leaves on a stem, the fruit sprouts of a pineapple, the flowering of an artichoke, an uncurling fern and the arrangement of a pine cone's bracts." 
Image result for art using fibonacci sequence 
This is how you apply it.
Image result for art using fibonacci sequence 
Now isn't mathematics beautiful?

This is,
I Know,
What Is The Golden Ratio?
That Answer Is For Another Class.
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“But in my opinion, all things in nature occur mathematically.”
- Rene Decartes -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

 Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment