About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Wisconsinite in California

   I'm not going to say I hate working, because I don't. I'm bored. So I need something to do.
   What I do hate is how much time I'm away from writing. I have tried to write this post for over a week now!
   I get an idea, that I believe is good, while driving around, doing my job, and by the time I get home, I say to myself, "What was I thinking?"
(My sister hates comas)
   I usually just sit down at my computer and start writing whatever comes into my head. Which has proved to be confusing for some of my readers since I am a treble speller and have lousy grammar skill.
(Okay, enough with the bad puns. You understand what I mean)
   Now, I finally came up with a story that slapped me right across my face.
*****
   Yesterday, I was on my usual morning constitution of walking 5 miles a day around a local golf course when I saw someone I haven't seen in over fifteen years. We had a business adventure together which started out extremely well, but after a year started losing money. I pulled out of the project after a squabble we had about his book-keeping skills. We haven't spoke to each other since.
   He was playing golf, and I could tell he didn't recognize me at first, but I knew who he was. So my plan was to keep on walking along without saying a word to him.
   Unfortunately, he must have thought about who I was. He threw down his club and came running up towards me saying, "My friend. What have I done to you?"
   That widen my suspicious eyes. But, I didn't say anything. I didn't have to, because he kept on talking.
   "I purposely ruined our business for a tax loss because my real estate business was taking a big hit after the Great Recession of 2008. If I knew it was going to ruin you, I probably wouldn't have done it." he explained to me. As if this was a perfectly good reason and I would understand.
   I still said nothing, steaming inside, thinking if I should punch the guy.
   Then he said, after an awkward moment of silence, "Here, take this fifty bucks. It's all I have on me. The next time you see me golfing, come out of the woods or wherever you are squatting and I'll give you a hundred."
   I said nothing but took the fifty.
   "Okay," he said. "I've got to go. Look for me in a week or so." Then he goes running off to be with his golfing partner.
   So I went home, got into my Mercedes, drove to a local barber, and got a haircut and a shave!
This is,
Never Judge A Wisconsinite By His Beard
Jim Hauenstein
 
And
 
"Wisconsin cuisine? Is that even a thing?" Sabrina asked.
He smiled. "Have some state pride. You know, kringle, booyah, fish boils, cheese curds. Do you have a favorite?"
Sabrina took a few breaths before responding. "Kringle... and anything with cheese.” -
Amy E. Reichert -
 
That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower or Leave a Comment
 
I would love to hear from you

Thanks for reading
 
Be kind to everyone
 
I'll be seeing you
 
Check these Books out
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment