About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Many Many Moons Ago

   Yes, many many moons ago there was (and still is) an annual herbaceous flowing plant cultivated throughout recorded history as a source of industrial fiber, seed oil, food, recreation, medicine, and religious practices that I partook in. (Spiritually speaking.) It was also illegal to have traces of it in your blood system if you were in the military, applied for jobs, or, as in my case, got hurt on the job.
   I have nothing bad to say about the company I worked for because they were very good to me for twenty years. It was just a corporate policy.
   By this time in my life I had quit smoking this herbaceous for about five years. Except! (Of course there wouldn't be a story without an "Except.")
   Except at a party, on New Year's Eve, at my friends house. After a few beers, a few laughs, I thought, "What the Hell." So I smoked a little, or a lot. It was a party.
   In the middle of February, of that new year, I break my foot while on the job. After going to the hospital, getting a cast on, I went home expecting four weeks of playing video games while my kids were at school.
   After one week of relaxation I get a call from Human Resources saying I have to go to such and such clinic for a drug test. If I didn't go in I would be terminated.
   Being superstitious, I believed what every Rastafarian had said to me. That there would be traces of this herbal spiritual drug in my blood system for up to six weeks!
   I panicked.
   So I took the advice of one Rastaman and bought a box of
"Quick Tabs - Herbal Clean."
Which I just found stuffed way back in an old cupboard while doing some spring cleaning.  
   I bought them around 2001. (I wonder if they are still good?)
   I can't tell you if it worked or not. But I didn't have anything in my system to warrant termination. I worked for the same company for at least another seven years.
   Now, in the State of California, potential employers can't even test for it!
 
This is,
I Checked Out Their Website Today
And They No Longer Sell
"Quick Tabs"
For Cleansing Your System Of
Cannabis Sativa
Just Regular Detox Solutions For A Healthier You
Jim Hauenstein
 
And
 
“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.” - Carl Sagan -
 
That is my story and I am sticking to it!
 
Sign up as a Follower or Leave a Comment
 
I would love to hear from you

Thanks for reading
 
Be kind to everyone
 
I'll be seeing you
 

No comments:

Post a Comment